Do you like bite-sized morsels? How about bite-sized morsels of information, just like what Highbrow delivers through their daily emails? So I signed up for their course on Cooking Essentials: How to Start Cooking at Home a while back.
I’m serious about this cooking thing, remember?
While not allll the tips were immensely useful to me, here are my key takeaways:
- Before starting on a recipe, read it twice. I think I need to read it like 10 times.
- Extra virgin olive oil is best used for dressings and drizzling, not cooking (Everyday olive oil is fine for sautéing)
- Keep 15 recipes on rotation (Your go-tos!)
- An essential tool is a 10-inch pan
- MY FAVOURITE TIP: If you have found a recipe you love, check out other recipes from the same source. Chances are, you will like them too.