Here’s what my schedule at the end of yesterday looked like:
- 8.10pm – Reach the train station nearest to my home
- 8.15pm – Shop for groceries with a $5 budget in mind (because I have an AIA vitality voucher to use) 😊
- 8.30pm – Start washing, chopping and boiling
- 9.00pm – Dig in after photographing my food
The plus side of starting work later than most is that you miss the morning crowds and get to do things like go for a jog or have driving lessons before work.
The downside is that you end later and when you come home at about 8.20pm, you just want to have your dinner, like PRONTO. Yesterday, I didn’t have any meals prepped as I had lunch out most of the week so I decided to cook myself a quick dinner. While it’s not as tasty as I would like it to be, it took a short time to prepare and provided me with two portions so I could bring the leftovers for lunch the next day!
Presenting my 30minute tomato sausage pasta… which came about because I saw these gorg tomatoes on REDUCED TO CLEAR.
The name reminds me of the Nasty Gal founder AKA GIRL BOSS, Sophia Amoruso.
I also bought some cheddar mozzarella cos you can never have too much cheese at home. And it was on offer. :p It’ll be great for egg bakes and baked pasta.
DISCLAIMER: This pasta does not taste greaaat but it’s edible and somewhat healthy because of all those fresh tomatoes I put in. If you have some old tomatoes which have gone soft, this is great because you cook the tomatoes so you can more forgiving towards its age.
- 1 box of tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 100g pasta, cooked according to instructions on box
- 1-2 Johnsonville sausage or any other flavourful sausage
- 4 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chilli flakes (add more or less, depending on how spicy your chilli flakes are)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese (I used a mozzarella and cheddar blend but parmesan would be great too!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Just do it!
- Cook pasta according to instructions on box
- Heat oil in pan. Stir in garlic and chilli flakes.
- Slice sausages and throw them into pan. (If you cut them smaller, there is less bite but your one sausage will take you further :p)
- Throw in tomatoes and cook for a while.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put cooked pasta in pan and stir around.
- Place cheese in pan and mix around for 1 min.
- Consume in a jiffy!